Laser/IPL Hair Removal
Laser Hair Removal Technician Training
Laser hair removal is one of the most commonly performed cosmetic procedures in the United States. Laser is an abbreviation for “Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation.” IPL, short for Intense Pulsed Light, is a popular method for hair removal treatment. Laser/IPL treatments can remove unwanted hair from the face, leg, chin, back, arm, underarm, bikini line, and other areas by using beams of highly concentrated light into hair follicles. Pigment in the follicles absorbs the light that destroys the hair.
As a certified laser hair removal technician, you can service all ages and genders to achieve smoother, hairless skin. Laser Hair Removal treatments take 15 to 45 minutes per service, depending on the area or areas treated. Laser sessions range from $50 to $250+ per area, and typically, clients need multiple sessions to achieve the best results. Overall, this laser hair removal training course will prepare students to move forward in their careers as laser hair removal technicians.
At Atelier Esthetique Institute we offer a 5-day curriculum that is approved by NY State Department of Education. Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive TWO New York State Education Certificates:
- Certificate in Laser and Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Hair Removal Theory and Treatment
- Certificate in Laser Safety Officer Training within the Laser/IPL Hair Removal Course
Interested in an Advanced Course?
What You Will Learn
Students will learn the skills and techniques to perform laser hair removal through lecture and hands-on practice with live models using the Candela Gentlemax Pro Laser. Our curriculum teaches laser and Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) technology. Laser Safety Officer Training is included in this course. Topics also covered in the course include:
- Physics of laser technology and care and maintenance of machines
- Types of laser wavelengths and their settings based on the Fitzpatrick Scale
- Client assessment and consultation for laser hair removal
- Pre- and post-care procedures
- Laser Safety (Laser Safety Officer Training) and Sanitation
- Structure and Functions of Hair and Skin
- Work Area Setup and Safety OSHA & ANSI Compliance
- Indications and Contraindications
- Laser Settings and Charting
- Business Development
Eligibility and Requirements
Licensed Esthetician and Cosmetologist (experienced in skin care), Licensed RN, LPN, Physician’s Assistant, Physician, Certified Electrologist, Licensed Massage Therapist, or Licensed Acupuncturist can further their career with training as an Esthetic Laser Hair Removal Specialist at Atelier Esthetique Institute of Esthetics.
5 Days Laser/IPL Hair Removal Course
Next Class: APRIL 5-11, 2024: 10am – 6pm